Thursday, October 10, 2013

Day 1: Day of Decision

Tuesday and Wednesday, Beth and I jumped (we didn't fall, it was very intentional) off the plant-based wagon with a vengeance.  On Tuesday, we ate Chinese food including pork-filled dumplings and orange chicken (even though I liked my veggie lo mein best).  Then we went to Maverick and stocked up on all the junk food we wanted to eat...candy bars, doughnuts, and chips.  We watched a movie while we snacked.  By bed-time, (even though I wanted to get pizza too!) we were both regretting our decision.  But on Wednesday, we did it again.  I stayed plant-based until dinner again, and then ate pizza.  We went out for sushi and had ice cream to boot.

Today, though, I intentionally climbed back on the wagon and hereby commit to the following:

7 weeks of pure Eat to Live eating!

I know that I've started this so many times.  And I don't know if I will be 100% successful this time.  But I'm going to give it my all!

In conference on Sunday, Elder Nelson talked about how our decisions affect eternity.  He said, "Each time you look in the mirror, see your body as your temple.  That truth---refreshed gratefully each day---can positively influence your decisions about how you will care for your body, and how you will use it. And those decisions will determine your destiny. How could this be?  Because your body is the temple for your spirit.  And how you use your body affects your spirit."

I'm doing this so that I can be a better steward of this amazing gift of a body that my loving Heavenly Father has given me.  Bendiciones!


Healthy:
S: 7 plus hours
E: n/a
W: 151.4
12:00 zucchini, a banana
5:00 a couple of plums, another banana?
9:30 lettuce, chili, tomatoes, onions and mushrooms, another banana

Debt-free:
Used some savings today. :(  At least I'm not going into debt for things!

Minimalist:
Spent the day helping.  Love my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment