Today was great!! Got to sleep in, get some yoga in, organize my life a little bit...and then my sister, Beth, and I went for a gorgeous hour long plus hike up a canyon near our house. The leaves were awesome and it felt so good to move my body and to be outside. I love the way that the outdoors smells and feels. It was warm enough for short sleeves and it was great! It reminds me of a story in one of my Geneen Roth books. She reads about a spa for dogs with treadmills, etc, and thinks that dogs should be outside enjoying the fresh air and sunshine, feeling the rain or snow, etc. And realizes that
people should be out enjoying nature too instead of always cooping themselves in. When I started running for the first time after high school, it was during December a few years ago (2008?), and I would go running every day regardless of the weather. Sometimes it was just me and the snow and a few cars, out slogging under the street lights that looked like the source of the snow. It was great. I loved those "sanity runs." I need to do that again....be out and
breathing real air every day.
Today's stats
weight: 140lbs (not losing might have something to do with the fact that I ate 4 pieces of homemade bread last night, then came home and ate dal!)
exercise: yoga, and a beautiful fall mountain hike!!
food- brown rice and dal, green smoothie, more rice and dahl, eggplant parmesan and pasta (yes, there was cheese on e.p....need to do my homework on my food before I go out, but it was on a date, and I didn't know where we were going, so today was another veggie not vegan day)
No comments:
Post a Comment