Thursday, October 27, 2011

Gentle

I've had a sore throat for the past couple of days. I was a little afraid of how my cold green smoothie in the morning would feel on it. It was surprisingly comforting, and the word that came to mind was "gentle." Eating to live is gentle and nurturing.
I teach 5th grade and have some students that deal with really rough things at home. Every day I learn more and more that the key to their hearts, and to their good behavior is being gentle and patient. And that's what my body needs too...gentleness and patience.

Today's stats:
Weight: 139.8
Exercise: yoga and a short walk
Food:
B: gentle green smoothie :)
Snack: banana
Lunch: spinach, tomato, chili, mushrooms, avocado (LOVED the avocado addition!)
Snack: banana and 2 peanut butter and honey sandwiches
Dinner: 2 palta, 2 pieces of toast, one with peanut butter and honey

No comments:

Post a Comment