Today is 9/11. 11 years ago I was at BYU-Idaho. I found out about the attacks on the twin towers when I got to the elementary school where I was doing a practicum. I didn't realize the full implications of what had happened then, and still don't, really. I do know that we drew together as a school (Elder Bednar's calm and faithful "keep going" message and singing the only closing hymn at a devotional that I've ever known of "Come, Come Ye Saints" were life-changing) and as a nation. May we ever remember those who have died, and live our lives to honor our God, regardless of the situation.
I woke up with Doctrine and Covenants 6:36 in my head this morning. I was applying it to doing school and thesis things, but it applies so well to 9/11 events, and to what I'm trying to do by going totally plant-based. I know that this is what I'm supposed to do right now (La Cassie me dijo que me veo delgadisima del lado). I just need to keep going, not giving in to binging when I'm close to cutting through my plateau, not doubting or fearing.
Today:
S: 6 hours
W: 137.8
E: 30+ minute walk/run with Beth, essentrics l/b
6:45 2 pears (from our own tree! Delicious!:)
12:15 spring mix, onions, tomatoes, cilantro, mushrooms, chili
3:45 banana, grapes
No comments:
Post a Comment