I've been in Boise visiting John this weekend, and didn't have internet, but I did type up a post each day, so here they are, including today's:
9/20/12
Day 11: He prepareth the way for them.
I
used to be so shy, so wary of drawing attention to myself in any way. I still don’t love attention, but I’ve
learned to be comfortable being different. It’s one of the many perks of being plant-based. I’ve had to be upfront about what I do,
and sometimes why.
I’m
in Boise for the weekend to see JA.
I’m staying with Whitney and her family. When I unloaded my cooler of food into the miraculously
empty crisper (so bendicida!), Whitney’s sister-in-law asked me what my diet
was. I said that it was Eat to
Live and that it prevents and reverses diabetes, and I’m doing it to try to not
get it. (Whitney laughed at that partJ) Her sister-in-law, Sarah, said that she
needs to do that. And she loved
the peach she ate (don’t worry, I brought almost a full box to
share…compensation of some sort for having the strange veggie eating girl come
stay!) Dios siempre nos provee la
manera de cumplir con lo que nos manda! Siempre!
Today:
S: 5.5
W: 134.8
E: essentrics l/b
7:30 peaches
12:00 usual salad, banana
4:00 banana and walnuts
5 ish a few grapes
9/21/12
Day 12: Good
people
I spent the day in bed…well, almost. I got up at 9 and studied and showered,
the worked on thesis work for 2.5 hours, took a nap for an hour, then worked
for another 3.5 hours. Whitney’s family has been so good…just letting me work,
but always so kind and giving when I leave my Amish yellow haven. I didn’t know what the plan was for
tonight. JA picked me up at
6. I’d figured we’d probably eat,
and thought maybe at a restaurant, where there have been very few times when I
haven’t been able to find something approximating ETL. But we went to his home, where his
mother (who was gone to a Scout Meeting, so I didn’t get to meet her) had made
a huge bowl of bean and veggie salad for dinner because JA had told her that I
don’t eat meat, milk, or eggs. How
blessed can I be? I’ve heard
stories about people who are criticized or mocked or estranged because of going
vegan. Whenever I’ve told people
about the way I eat, they may not agree with what I do, but they have ALWAYS
been supportive. So blessed with
good people in my life.
Today:
S: 8
W: ?
E: essentrics a/a
10:00 2 peaches
2:00 spinach, spring mix, tomatoes, mushrooms, onions,
chili, banana, walnuts
6:30 bean salad, rice, juice, bread
9/22/12
Day 13: Couldn’t be happier.
I had such a great day with John today. His parents are wonderful and his mom
has been nothing if not accommodating for my Eat to Liveness. En serio, estoy tan feliz. The end.
Today:
S: 6 hours
W: ?
E: essentrics l/b
10:00 cereal, raspberries, raisins
3:00 2 pieces of toast, tomatoes, cucumbers, pear/peaches
8:00 veggie enchiladas, spaghetti squash, a roll, peaches,
melon
9/21/12
Day 14: We all have to find our own balance.
S: 6 hours
W: ?
E: n/a
8:00 banana and walnuts
11:00 veggie enchiladas and fruit
2:30 chips, bean salad, salsa, spaghetti squash, fruit
Today Sister Anderson asked what my motivation was for eating vegetarian. I told her, and she and Brother Anderson talked about some people they'd known who were cured from cancer through different nutritional things. I think they think I'm a little crazy, but they've been so good, and so welcoming and kind. After that conversation, I was already thinking, "Maybe I'll do plant-based at home, and as much as possible in public, and do the at least 90% ETL plan after October 22nd." Then I read HH's blog tonight. She said we all have to find our own balance. I'm pretty sure she wouldn't condone non-veganism as part of that balance, but it's true that we need to find our own balance. I think mine will be like Mother's: Mostly plant-based, but with a little meat and dairy. I don't want to go to Chile or to people's homes and offend them. I want to go talk to the Bybee's and ask them how they work it. And decide with my own family how we want to do it. I do know that I want to be predominantly plant-based and have the "very little meat" be a very little!
No comments:
Post a Comment