Sunday, September 16, 2012

Day 7: Restraint

We had regional conference today, and it was great.  Sister Oaks talked a little bit about being single, which inspired me to go read her book. I started it years ago and picked up this afternoon where I had left off.  One of the things that hit me from my reading today was her quoting President Packer as saying "The Devil does not practice restraint."  And my guess is that if he doesn't, we should.

I was in the mood to eat something sweet and fatty...thinking peanut butter popcorn, but the answer to both "Do you need it?" and "Do you really even want it?"  was "no," so I practiced restraint, and didn't do it.  I am getting better at controlling my addictions, regardless of my weight patterns.  I gained a little bit from yesterday, but I'm feeling good, and I'm not worried.  Part of today's talk/reading was about timing.  I'm going to stick to ETL as much as I can, and if I don't reach my goal by September 30, or by conference, that's okay.  I'm doing better at living what I know, and todo saldra bien!

Today:
S: 6 hours
W: 133.8
E: walk to and from S's house, pm yoga
12:30 spring mix, tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, chili, sliced pears, banana and walnuts
4:00 banana and walnuts

No comments:

Post a Comment