I follow several blogs that are plant-based or vegetarian. One of them is peasandthankyou.com . Sarah has a great take on life, and I love that she shares her faith (and her recipes!) with all of us. Her most recent post is about friendship and french fries. She's helping raise money for an organization to help orphans with Down Syndrome and other health issues and disabilities. Her friend Kim helps with some of the orphanages involved.
I love what Sarah says about Kim: "Through her you see that it's not just what you believe that counts, it's what you believe ENOUGH TO DO. Even when it's hard."
Last night, Amy shared Taylor Swift's latest song. It made us cry. It's dedicated to a little 4 year old boy, Ronan, who passed away from cancer, and is co-written by Taylor and his mother. It's heart-wrenching. All of Taylor's income from this song will be donated to cancer research. (Don't worry, I've already bought it.) At one point, the little banner at the bottom said "Tell us who you stand up for."
And I realized, for the millionth time, that this plant-based phase of mine can't be just for a little while. I stand up for those suffering from preventable diseases, and for my own health and for that of my family every time I make a choice to eat to live. I'm still not sure that I will be 100% plant-based for the rest of my life. But I DO believe enough to make it my lifestyle forever.
Today:
S: 8 plus
W: 140.8
E: yard work, pm yoga
10:45 granola with soy milk
3:00 spring mix, spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms, palta, chili, banana
5:00 fresh garden tomatoes!, 3 peaches (didn't give in to peanut butter and tortillas).
No comments:
Post a Comment