Tuesday, August 21, 2012

1st day of school!

Today was the first day back at school.  Wow!  I'd forgotten how much these kiddos wear one out!  I love them already, though, and took to bossing people around again like I do it for a living.
Oh wait, I do.

One of their first homework assignments is to bring a paper bag of things about themselves to aid in a presentation to their classmates.  I did my presentation today, and included a packet of okra seeds to symbolize my love of gardening, and my plant-based-ness.  I said that I'm "mostly vegetarian/vegan," and explained that I don't eat meat (I do eat fish on purpose, on occasion, and may have unintentionally consumed meat since last October) or dairy (the occasional cinnamon roll or quiche is tempting) very often.  I feel like I'm doing pretty well with the at least 90% goal.  And the last few weeks, I've done great on being all plant-based (with the exception of honey and cornbread that probably had milk and eggs in it).

On another note, I appreciate how JA doesn't seem to mind my being plant-based at all.  And I wish he'd call.  The end.

Today:
S: 7 hours
W: 137.2
E: essentrics L/B
12:00 grapes...maybe a little growly?
2:00 spinach with fiesta mix...growly, and needing some energy NOW!
4:20 orange and banana...not feeling particularly hungry, but in need of some energy.


No comments:

Post a Comment