Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Defining me.

I got a name tag at some sort of professional development a few years ago.  In addition to the name, it had the words "Define yourself" several times.  I loved that idea, and was reminded of it last night as a video I watched had a lady mention her goal to reinvent herself.

I think that every thing that we do (or don't do!) defines us to some extent.  But I also think that it's valuable to be intentional in how we define ourselves.  I just read a blog post by Tara Stiles (I've read her blog off and on, and have one of her books, but am planning to get more into yoga than I have been in the past, as my students this year LOVE and request it!) about tension leading to tense habits.  I am so a stress eater.  And I've noticed that I eat less when I get enough sleep.  (Less tension = less tension habits).  So, here's to being intentional about defining myself through liberating, helping practices (like detoxing exercise, and Eating to Live!), instead of adding tension.

Today:
S: 6 hours
W: 143.8
E: yoga breaths with kids, pm yoga.
3:50 green smoothie...banana, peaches, spinach, water.  Ah.

No comments:

Post a Comment