Once upon a time, when I was young, I loved to eat uncooked hotdogs. Of course, they were fully cooked before packaging, but I didn't think that they needed any additional cooking. I ate them as often as I could. Until the day that my mother told me (I was probably 12 or 13 at the time) that she'd heard that raw hotdogs can cause miscarriages. I think I MAY have eaten one raw hotdog in the YEARS since then. That's how important my future kids are to me.
I sometimes use food for things besides nutrition and satisfaction...when I'm bored, overwhelmed, tired, distracted. And I've been doing that a lot lately. But, I'm often willing to do things for other people that I won't do for myself. So this morning's Happy Herbivore post about Herbie kids Talia and Jacob was providentially timely in teaching and reminding me that what I eat does and will affect my kids.
So here's to recommitting to being as plant-based as possible for the good of my children. Let's pray it works (sticking to it for my kids). Because I am happier when I'm fully plant-based and feel awful when I'm not. And when Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!
Today:
S: 5 hours
W: 142.2
E: pm yoga (I think I've mentioned this before, but I've been doing yoga with my school kids every day, and I think it's helping us all. I even ordered a Tara Stiles yoga video.)
1:50 orange
4:30 a few garden grape tomatoes, a banana, asparagus, a little bit of IP rice and veggie coconut korma.
AND, I resisted the temptation to eat tonight after I got home from the temple!
No comments:
Post a Comment