Monday, November 5, 2012

Let your body heal itself.

I don't think I've said it for a while, because I haven't needed to, but in the past, when I've had semi-hypochondriac kids who always need a band-aid, or want to be "all better" 30 seconds after a physical fiasco, I tell them "You just need to give your body a chance to heal itself."  I need to take my own advice on this.

Somehow I've developed this attitude recently that I can eat whatever I want to.  That is true.  However, I can't eat whatever I want to or whatever everyone else is eating and feel good, or follow what I feel like I'm being directed to do.  I don't know if I will develop something later on that will be helped to heal by eating this way, or if I'm preventing something, or if it's "just" a way to be closer to the Spirit.  Whichever it happens to be, I'm going to do better.

I will not eat meat or dairy unless those are the only options available, or if I would offend someone by not eating it.  I will also avoid sugar most of the time and refined flour foods as well.  I will do my best to Eat to Live.

In yesterday's CES fireside, one of Bishop Causse's points to live by was "Become who you are."  I feel like eating this way is helping me become who I am, a beloved daughter of God.

Today:
S: 4.5
W: 141
E: pm yoga
7:30 banana and walnuts
11:30 spring mix, chili, tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, a few grapes
4:00 grapes
5:00 2 cheese buns, lots of butterscotch chips

No comments:

Post a Comment