I know that I've remarked several times on how amazed I am that people don't notice what I eat or don't. And because I've made the choice to eat right when other people are not (partly because I'm holding myself accountable through this blog) I feel stronger in my determination and more willing to get outside of my comfort zone to make sure that I can stick to my plan. For example, tonight we had a ward indexing party. Val made amazing homemade pizza, and I made pumpkin muffins and cinnamon rolls. I didn't eat any of the sweets, and I was planning to do a green smoothie before everyone arrived and forgo the pizza too, but I didn't have time. So I asked Val to make me a part of the pizza with no meat and no cheese. She asked "No dairy?" and I explained that studies have shown that milk has cancer-causing agents too, so I'm just trying to be careful, given my rampant family history of cancer and diabetes. She was totally supportive and made me a delicious pizza! When we use our agency to do something that we know is right, we're empowered to do it again in the future, and making the right choices becomes easier and easier.
Today's stats:
W: 138.6
E: yoga
B and L: fasting
D: 4 pieces of vegan pizza (dough, sauce, spinach, cucumber, peppers, onions, tomatoes) and a banana
No comments:
Post a Comment