One of our Thanksgiving traditions is that Father reads short stories out loud to us. Yesterday, he read one of my favorites,
The Wedding Gift, and one that I'd never heard before called
This Boy Cody and His Friends by Leon Wilson. It was about a fiddling contest in Tennessee, and made me want to be better at what I do, and also to take more time for developing my musical talents. One of my favorite lines from the story was said by a man who was 93 years old, had won the contest several years running, and was asked if he was going to win again this year. He said "I'm fixin' to try for all I'm worth!" I need to have that sort of animo for grad school, but I've got it for getting in shape right now, and I really am fixin' to try for all I'm worth. I feel like I know what to do...run, essentrics, ETL, and now I need to just do it. Today went well:
Today's stats:
W: 142 lbs
E: yoga, Classical Stretch (Oceanside workout), 30 minute run/walk.
B: green smoothie (kiwi, banana, strawberry, spinach)
L: mixed veggies and sweetmeat squash
D: lettuce with beans, sweetmeat squash, mixed veggies, beets, corn
No comments:
Post a Comment