Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Less is more

I fell asleep watching a movie last night and woke up at 5am. It was beautiful to be awake at that time of day and I had a good scripture study and prayer before I got tired and wanted to sleep again. When I woke up again at 8, I actually had time to do something about this urge I've been having to simplify and get rid of things. I downsized my clothes by a trash bag, taking out things that I haven't worn for months and don't even really like. I'm sure I'll add some clothes as I get out of debt and need some more cute, warm things, but I'm not at a point where I need to own something that I don't love. And less clothes means less clutter physically and mentally. I'm excited to do the same with books (although I will probably always own more books than clothes!), files, boxes, etc. And when I'm done with my room, there are the storage rooms, etc. to do!
I'm feeling like the less is more attitude should extend to my eating habits too. I've been pretty lax about sticking to Eat to Live, eating lots of sugar and flour, and some dairy and eggs, but never any meat. But I'm at a point in my life where I shouldn't have to eat more than one bite of anything I don't love. I can try it, and pass by it if I don't like it. So many times when I think I want something non ETL, I start eating it and then realize that I don't love it, but keep eating it anyway, and then keep eating other things that I love even less. I binged today at India Palace, and even though tomorrow is Thanksgiving, a traditional binge day, I hope I can remember that I don't have room in my life and in my body for things that aren't good for me AND good to me.

Today's stats:
W: 140.4
E: yoga, 10 minute run, 10 minute walk, Classical stretch: Spanish Hallways workout
B: muffin batter, piece of pumpkin pie
L: 3 plates of vegetarian Indian food
D: 2 pumpkin muffins
S: bite of banana

No comments:

Post a Comment