I had a thought during recess duty this morning: maybe my weight isn't going down as quickly as it could because I'm not sleeping as much as I should. In the book Lean and Free (one of the things that prepared me for being vegetarian...) the author talks about people who were doing everything right, but not losing weight as quickly as it would seem they should. When they looked at their sleeping habits, and started making an effort to get at least 7 hours a night, they lost weight. It's something to do with the survival instinct that our bodies have, and when they are feeling threatened (not enough food, sleep, etc.) they hang on to the fat. I should give decent sleep amounts a go...if nothing else, it would make for a less cranky teacher for my students!!
Today's stats:
W: 140.6
E: yoga and ice-skating
B: green smoothie
L: salad
S: bananas, peanut butter and bread
D: steamed zuchinni, and a banana (didn't give into the meat laden delicious smelling curry everyone else had!)
S: bananas, peanut butter and honey
No comments:
Post a Comment