Sunday, November 20, 2011

Moments of weakness and strength

I haven't been perfect about keeping to a strictly vegan diet, but I do pretty well most of the time, and haven't eaten any meat since starting this blog (and wasn't eating it very often for a few months before).
However, my home teachers have been wanting to make Chinese dumplings for us for a while. I've been worrying about what to do...do I tell them I'm vegetarian? Do I just eat the dumplings since they're specifically for me? What to do? I asked my mom...she and my sister have been doing ETL most of the time. She told me that they'd eaten chicken at a party the night before. I told my friend Elizabeth about it. She told me that she was vegetarian for two years, but said that she'd eat meat when people cooked for her. Yesterday I'd sort of decided that I was going to eat the dumplings, but then last night I felt like I should be true to what I'm trying to do here. So I volunteered to bring a stir fry, which offer was accepted. I helped make the dumplings, but didn't eat any. I think that Amy and Beth probably noticed, because I sat next to Amy and I was serving myself at the same time as Beth, but I don't think anyone else did, and no one cared or commented if they did.
I hope that I'm getting better at standing up for the things that I do, but as President Packer once said "Excellence does not call attention to itself." I don't think that I'm better than others because I choose to eat this way, but I do think that it's helping me define and polish myself. I'm happy to answer questions people have, but most people don't even notice or care what everyone else is eating. I'm not trying to hide, I'm just not trying to call attention to myself.

Today's stats:
W: 137.8
E: yoga
B and L: fasting
D: 2 bananas with peanut butter, rice and fat free vegan stir fry.

No comments:

Post a Comment