I've made some pretty stupid ones in my life. Not anything life-altering as far as one decision is concerned, but I'm not as far along as I could be, as close to God as I should be, because of some of my little, every day choices.
I was looking up a Harry Potter quote, thinking that it said that our choices determine who we are (which they do that too), but the quote really says "It is our choices, Harry that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."
I don't claim to be a genius or anyone particularly special. My abilities are not extraordinary. But I am NOT living up to my potential right now. I'm avoiding what needs to be done, or doing perfunctory work towards it. I'm eating too much and sleeping too little, and thus blocking out the frustration and guilt, but also the Spirit. Not okay. But tomorrow is another day, and I'll try to do better about making my choices ones that show who I really am as a daughter of God, and who I really want to be...a daughter of God who is achieving her potential. For real.
Today:
W: 138.8
E: n/a
B: green smoothie
L: dal, banana, walnuts, 3 apples
D: rice and bindi aloo from India Palace
S: bananas (at least 5), popcorn, can of chili
No comments:
Post a Comment