Saturday, April 21, 2012

Lacking motivation.

I've been home from my mission for 8 years today.  Can't believe it.  I woke up this morning with all the ganas in the world to refine and define myself this year.  Unfortunately, that didn't make it through the day in the food department.  If I'm hungry, it's fine to eat.  If I'm not, I shouldn't, but I have been a lot lately.

Babysitting Em's kids tonight gave me some quiet reading time after they'd gone to bed.  I finished (all but the apendices) the Mindless Eating book.  It has some good principles and a lot of interesting info!  I'll write about my Work on 3 things later, once I've solidified them.

I also read Lindsay's blog earlier today, and was reminded of why I should be eating to live:

"There are...tons of studies (both in the lab and clinical with people) and in peer reviewed journals that show eating meat, dairy and other animal products cause cancer and other sickness. It's the proteins in these animal products that turn cancer on and off, and they exist regardless of where the animal came from or what it was fed or how it was treated. The evidence is indisputable, a whole foods, plant-based diet is the only diet that is healthy, will prevent and reverse disease and is also the only diet that is truly sustainable for our world."  Yikes!  Need to do better.  

Today:
W: 143
E: 3ish hours of gardening
B: n/a
L:  bananas, a peanut butter and honey roll-up, a bagel
D: rice, curry, quesadilla, lettuce with manderin oranges and dressing, popcorn, milk, a bit of quinoa and veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment