I know, I know. That's not how it goes. But if I had a baby, there would be no throwing out of that longed-for child! And the scale is what needs to go anyway.
I've been weighing myself everyday for a while now. After I weighed in this morning, I was thinking about it as I showered. Why do I weigh myself every day, and what purpose does my daily weigh-in serve? I think that I've been using it as a form of mild rebellion. As in, I will eat as much as possible to numb myself and escape reality, devil and scale be darned. I don't think I'm fat, but I do eat more than I need to when I'm stressed or avoiding, and the daily weigh in isn't giving me the sort of accountability that I need. I don't need to worry about how much I weigh, I need to worry about my ability to feel and follow the Spirit.
In the movie, The Lucky One, that Beth and I watched last night (not overly impressed, don't really recommend it in spite of the beautiful scenery and beautiful people), a character is drunk and not ready to help when someone he loves desperately needs him. I've thought about priesthood holders, and how they need to be ready and worthy to serve and bless at a moment's notice. I need to focus on being ready to serve and rescue at all times.
One of the showering thoughts this morning was that I need to be doing what will help me feel the Spirit most, and not rely on a number on the scale as any sort of truly valid feedback about how I'm treating my body. The whole purpose of life is to become like God. When I overeat, or eat my vegan junk food, I don't feel the Spirit as strongly. It will require more intentionality, but I'm going to ditch the scale for a while, and focus on my level of intuneness as a more difficult, but more important assessment of how I'm doing. I will do an occasional weigh-in, maybe once every 2 weeks or so (I'll weigh in on my 1st ETL anniversary, May 8th), but for the most part, will just go with what I'm feeling (or not able to feel) for body-treating feedback.
Here are some things that I know I need to do: sleep more, eat less, listen to my body and don't eat when I'm not hungry.
Today:
W: 143.2 or .4
E: essentrics l/b
B: n/a
L: spring mix, spinach, fiesta mix, pineapple, banana
D: spring mix, spinach, fiesta mix, banana, apple
No comments:
Post a Comment