Monday, April 30, 2012

kids, motivation and "raw" hot dogs

Once upon a time, Johanna loved raw hotdogs (the fully cooked, prepackaged kind, but cold, not recooked).  She ate as many as she could, as often as she could until the day that her mother told her that she had heard that eating raw hotdogs can cause miscarriages.  From that day forth, Johanna never ate another raw hotdog.

See, wouldn't I be a great mom?  I give up foods I love, to protect children I haven't got.  Just imagine what I would give for them if they really existed (here on earth...I still have faith that they exist, they're just not here yet!)!

I stress-ate like none other today.  I need to remember my future babies when I'm making my food choices.  What I eat now affects them, but the habits that I'm keeping/forming right now will effect them too. I don't need them to have a binge-eating mother.  Food is for nourishment, not for relieving stress.  Gotta work on that.

Here's a fb find that makes you stop and think.  Our choices do affect our children, current and future.


Today:
E: essentrics a/a
B: banana and walnuts
L: chili, banana, nuts and raisins
D: spinach, spring mix, chili, tomatoes, three pieces of bread with peanut butter and marmalade, caramel and marshmellow popcorn, bananas
S: can of chili, banana, and quite possibly something else.  I just can't remember it right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment