I have a tendency to be critical of my family's lack of decision-making and planning. I don't love not knowing what's going on when their plans affect my life. The other day I was whining about how they just need to decide and make it happen if they want something done. Thinking about it later, I realized that there are many things that I have just been waiting to have happen, instead of taking the initiative and MAKING THEM HAPPEN.
So in an effort to improve my life, and be less hypocritical, I came up with a list as I journaled on Friday about things that I'm going to make happen. Church today reaffirmed the need to make things happen, not just wait for them to on their own.
These are some things that I want to make happen before school gets out on the 25th:
1- buy a car
2-put in a lawn (if this one is done before I go on my Science Plus trip, it should be soon enough, but I'm shooting for end of May)
3-defend my prospectus (this is going to be the killer...I'm going to have to go to bed earlier, and get up obscenely early to make it happen)
4-discuss communication issues with my family
5-be closer to my ETL potential
Today:
E: 35 minute walk to campus...beautiful!
B: 2 bananas, walnuts (felt fine, not super hungry, but ate anyway)
L: n/a
D: chili, spring mix, spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes, 2 bananas (sort of hungry...ate lots of good food! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment