Sunday, April 15, 2012

Friday and Saturday entries (Dating Dairy, and Healing)

I went home with Beth, John, Jesse, and Mathis last night, and didn't get home until late, and just got back to Provo tonight, so we'll play catch-up and include both Friday and Saturday's blog posts here:

Friday, April 13th, 2012

DATING DAIRY

Apparently the decision to consciously eat dairy on Wednesday opened a whole bingey can of worms.  Because I'd eaten Cassandra's leche asada earlier in the week, I justified eating lots of non-ETL foods on Friday.  And I mean lots.

As Natalie said, sometimes you have to go backwards to realize how important it is to you to move forward.  Dabbling in dairy is like dating a boy that you like, but that you KNOW is bad for you (DD comes to mind).  If you let the idea in, it's hard to get it out.  You have to let go, knowing that it's not what you really want.  And sometimes you have to make that mistake, or have that experience, to figure out that you really don't want it, that it's just a cheap substitute for what you really want (a truly happy marriage, or a truly healthy body).

I'm not saying that I'll never eat dairy again.  My body did surprisingly well on it's junk-food-diet-for-a-day.  But I didn't feel my best, and understandably so.  Dairy isn't evil, it just isn't for me.  Dairy and I were not meant to be.

W: 138.2
E: ess a/a
B: bananas, 2 burritos with potatoes, onions (fried in sausage grease), salsa/ketchup
L: 3-5 cinnamon rolls, cake
D: chips/dip, potato salad, salad
S: tortilla with cheese, dal


HEALING

Today I slept. And slept. And slept.  (Like the pioneers walked. And walked. And walked. Only, with the lazy modern-day version).  I think my body and mind needed it.  I also got some essentials oils from a friend of Mother's and feel like they're already helping to heal my hip/knee issues.

And I came back to eating to live today.  Oh, que alivio!  Mother is wonderful, and makes it easier with lots of ETL-friendly options, and I appreciate that my family doesn't vocalize their feelings on my lunacy (I mentioned that ETL has helped lupus patients and J. said something diplomatic like that she'll keep that in mind, or fair enough), but it's still a choice.  And one I'm GLAD TO MAKE!!!

Today:
W: ?  Probably not great, given what I ate yesterday
B/L:  green smoothie (canned peaches, banana, spinach), a few tomatoes and onions
D: beets, cauliflower, cabbage, salad with beans, a banana

No comments:

Post a Comment