Saturday, July 14, 2012

Becoming a product of...

Last night I got about 2.5 hours of sleep.  Ridiculous.  And all of my own choosing.

With my J boys, I've been doing a lot of thinking about what I want in a husband.  And what I need to be becoming in order to merecer a man so incredible!

One thing that I want to change is how I spend my "free time." I read a talk the other day by President Erying called Real-Life Education that I loved.  He said "We cannot waste time entertaining ourselves when we have the chance to read or to listen to whatever will help us learn what is true and useful."  I need to use my time to study and learn things that are of eternal import.

Today as I was thinking about becoming, I was reminded of President Packer saying that he became a product of the Book of Mormon.  We really are a product of what we consume.  I need to quit consuming so much cotton candy media, and get some more gospel greens and good secular learning smoothies in my media diet.  I want to be a product of the Book of Mormon, not just use it as a garnish.
I want to live up to my potential spiritually and physically.

In other related news, even though I binged last night and didn't get enough sleep, I felt happy and healthy today...I'm becoming a product of my eating and exercise habits.  Can't say enough good about plant-based eating and essentrics.  Essentrics really does change your body so quickly!  I didn't do it today, but did every other day this week!  Shooting for daily next week.

Today:
W: 141.8
E: walking around Scottish Festival, pm yoga
B: n/a
L: apple, banana (couldn't decide which I liked better...so good!)
D: dal, grapes, greens with salsa, tomatoes, mushrooms, and vinegar...live food tastes SO GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment