Thursday, July 26, 2012

Deliverance.

My conference talk today was about deliverance.  One example that Elder Perry used to illustrate how God delivers us, contrasted two different experiences with deliverance.  The group that was delivered quickly had been humble and faithful and obedient.  The group that had to struggle through deliverance was slow to remember God and to ask for help.

There are many things from which I need deliverance.  One is my tendency to abuse my body with the amounts and kinds of food that I eat.  Another is my habit of sleep deprivation.  Still another is my habit to avoid doing things that I think are impossible because they are difficult.

Today is a day of deliverance.  I'm up early to write and get ready for interviews.  I'm going to make a green smoothie and eat it when I'm hungry and not when I'm not.  And I'm going to get 7 hours of sleep tonight like I did last night.  I'm trying to be humble and remember my God and ask for His help instead of stubbornly trying to do it on my own.

Today:
W: 142
S: 7 hours
E: pm yoga
3:00 pm Ate a banana and some walnuts.  I was starting to feel like I could get hungry, and I knew that I'd be in the temple all afternoon and evening.  Now (11:30) I'm starting to get that lovely, light feeling you get when you haven't eaten for a while, but I'm still not hungry!  It feels good to listen to my body!

No comments:

Post a Comment