Today I tried to not eat too much. I ate cheese and dressing on my salad at Olive Garden with Kylee, but didn't binge, and didn't eat more than I needed. It felt good. Sometimes the progress that I make is so minimal, and I keep falling down, that I wonder why I can't be more consistent. But I am growing, and getting better.
K had part of the following quote as her signature quote on the last email she sent me, and I loved it. I tried to do my simple duty today, and it went well! :) It also helped that I took time to read my scriptures and my conference talk. Feeding my soul helps me avoid stuffing my face in compensation.
"...this Helper who will, in the long run, be satisfied with nothing less than absolute perfection, will also be delighted with the first feeble, stumbling effort you make to-morrow to do the simplest duty. As a great Christian write (George MacDonald) pointed out, every father is pleased at the baby's first attempt to walk: no father would be satisfied with anything less than a firm, free, manly walk in a grown-up son. In the same way, he said, 'God is easy to please, but hard to satisfy.'"
Today:
W: 143
E: hour long stroll with Beth and Val, pm yoga
B: banana, walnuts
L: 2 breadsticks, salad, minestrone
D: rice, pumpkin curry, banana
No comments:
Post a Comment