Tuesday, July 3, 2012

"Fill our Hunger"

One of my favorite hymns has a line that says "Fill our hunger with Thy love."  That's the only way to go, really.  Like I said yesterday, I keep trying to fill the hole in my heart with food, and it never works!  It only gives me unpleasant side effects (I woke up this morning convinced I had a huge stretch mark on my hip from last night's binge...luckily it was just a mark from my waistband digging in, but still!) and distances me from God.

I have a pretty lofty weight loss goal...I want to be at my goal weight by my birthday in a little over a month.  I've been trying to lose these last few pounds since last year's b-day (I'm at about the same weight I was in August of last year, when I'm not binging, but it has gotten a lot easier to get below 140.) and haven't done it.  I keep self-sabotaging.

Here are some things I'm going to do to help myself heal, to let Heavenly Father fill my hunger with His love:

Take it one day at a time.  Not focus on the pounds que me quedan, but on how I'm feeling and healing.

Pray for help when I'm weak.  I need to work on feeling closer to God.

Use music as a therapy.  Listen to it when I'm tempted to turn to food for comfort.

Say no.  To eating when I don't need/want it.  To staying up too late.  To other things that don't nourish me.

Keep going.  Treating my body with kindness is an area I've made a lot of progress in, and one in which I have a lot more room to grow.

Today:
W: 145
E: 30 minute + walk/run/hike, ess 1/b and ess a/a
B: n/a
L: n/a
D: rice, dal, banana

No comments:

Post a Comment