Missy asked me today if I'd lost weight. Um, no. She said I look good. I told her I've been running. Maybe even the week of running that I've done has made a difference in how toned I am. Regardless of how it makes me look, I LOVE how it makes me feel. I ran this evening, slow, slow, slow, (tired, worn-out, and hurty footed/ankled), but enjoying the quiet, the peace, the oneness of being outside and moving my body. It felt so good.
Essentrics also felt fabulous this evening, and I think (again, still) that running and essentrics are what I need to do. I sometimes think about adding other things (TUI or Tara Stiles yoga DVDs) but I love Sahra and Miranda's focus on the exercises themselves, not showing skin. NOT that I think the TUI girls and Tara aren't great trainers/leaders. I think that they are, and that they have amazingly fit and beautiful bodies, and are doing such great work promoting REAL health, and helping others so much! And I don't think that their intent is to distract from the amazing things that they're doing, by the things that they wear. But after tonight's talk, Quick to Observe, by Elder Bednar, one way that I think that I can be quick to observe is to let myself focus on the beauty and joy of movement, while appreciating the modesty of Sahra and her girls. Essentrics!!!
Today:
S: 6.5
W: 153.8
Wa: At least 5 bottles
E: 30 minute slog of loveliness, essentrics a/a
8:00 banana
11:45 spring mix, grape tomatoes, mushrooms and onions, chili
8:00 squash, strawberries
No comments:
Post a Comment