Thursday, August 8, 2013

Keep going, birthday girl!

Today was my 32nd b-day.  For a single Mormon girl, that's kinda old.  And it didn't help that my brother (3 siblings down) and his wife found out what gender their in utero baby is today.  Happy birthday to me! I'm an aunt to another baby boy...but have none babies of my own.

I really do love my nieces and nephews, and I really am excited for Jet and Than, but I also had some definitely bitter moments today.  I was headed to the temple and couldn't get there and couldn't get there.  Finally I was driving in what I hoped was the right direction, and came around the bend to see it right there.  I just need to keep going.  That's what I felt right before I found ETL, when I was searching for a health plan that felt right.  That's what I need to keep doing now.

Healthy
E: 40+minute hike, pm yoga (goal tomorrow: DO ESSENTRICS!:)
11:00 banana and strawberries
2:00 grapes and walnuts
8:00 big plate of zucchini, cherries, walnuts and raisins (my b-day cake!)

I keep being amazed that I'm not binging or eating processed foods.  I thought that I needed/wanted a treat, and I actually had the plate out, 2 pieces of bread on it, and my knife in the peanut butter, and then asked myself "Is this what I really want?" And the answer was no.  So I put the knife in the sink, the bread back in the bag, and the peanut butter and honey back in the pantry.  I do NOT need bad-for-me food to celebrate and feel good.  I ate some raisins and walnuts and was good.  It's kind of ironic that I'm expecting to mess up hard-core soon.  I am being so blessed with no desire to eat bad food.  SO BLESSED.

Debt-free
Still paying with cash!  Dollar store gift bags are the way to go...as is regifting.  I spent $10ish on baby, and am going to regift some birthday bbw stuff for mama for tomorrow's baby shower!

Minimalist
Didn't buy palta because I didn't need it or want it.  Working on my DI pile...need to contribute more to it.  If I don't wear it, I don't need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment