Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Day 9: No more my powers abuse

I binged last night, no doubt about it.  I totally, knowingly, consciously, abused my God-given body.  I should have woken up feeling downright awful.  My stomach sure wasn't happy with me.  And yet, I was still blessed to wake up with the words to Know This, That Every Soul is Free in my head.  I haven't heard it lately.  I haven't been thinking about it.  It was tender mercy from a God who knows and loves me, and always, ALWAYS is watching out for me.

Here is one part that stood out to me:
May we no more our pow'rs abuse,
But ways of truth and goodness choose;
Our God is pleased when we improve
His grace and seek his perfect love.

I want to please God.  I want to choose truth and goodness.  I want to no more my powers abuse.
It's a daily decision.  Tomorrow may be more difficult, and I know that I'm not going to be instantly perfect (we're here to struggle to grow, you know! :), but I had a good, non-powers-abusing day.  And I'm grateful.

Healthy
S: 6.5 hours
W: I'm sure I gained several pounds since yesterday morning.  I'm going to try not weighing myself for a while.  Maybe even until September 30.  Vamos a ver.
E: pm yoga
11:30 a couple of strawberries and grapes.  Still super stuffed.
4:30 spring mix, strawberries, grapes, tomatoes, black beans, mushrooms and onions.  Delicious.

Debt-free
Didn't spend money today.  Got my check request ready to submit tomorrow, so that I can get reimbursed for some of the $ I've spent for school.

Minimalist
Only 2 meals today.  Didn't give into the temptation to eat more.



No comments:

Post a Comment