I read Moroni 10 today for my Book of Mormon study. I hadn't realized how close I was to finishing the Book of Mormon. This chapter is chock full of amazing things, but in skimming over it again this afternoon, verse 4 stood out. I don't know how many times I've read and recited this scripture. It is so powerful! God will hear and answer our prayers if we pray with a sincere heart, real intent, and having faith in Christ. What a beautiful promise.
The "real intent" part caught me today. I have been Eating to Live, exercising, and getting good sleep with half-hearted intent. Yes, I do have some emotional issues that I deal with by eating. But they don't get better or go away that way. I need to live my plans with real intent. I know that they are inspired and that if I live them, I will be healthier and happier.
On the mission once, President Tanner told me to "Plow In," when I was being timid. I need to really plow in, missionary style (focused, disciplined and animada!) to doing my very best on health, school, thesis, and church. Todo saldra bien!
Health
S: 6.5 hours
E: pm yoga
11:30 2 bananas
4:30 spring mix, tomatoes, palta, chili. So, so good.
Debt-free
Didn't spend $1 on renting a temple dress like I'd thought about doing. Mine worked fine!
Minimalist
Today's Herbie of the Week quoted Michael Pollan, who said "Eat real food, mostly plants, not too much." I think that not over-eating is a good forum for continuing my minimalist journey. And I did well with it today. One day at a time. Mas bendicida que nunca!
No comments:
Post a Comment