Friday, August 16, 2013

Progress, not perfection.

Lindsay's blog post today was perfect.  My favorite line: "Don't get so invested in utopia that positive change in the right direction becomes a downer."

I didn't sleep much last night, and was wanting to eat vegan junk food today (I wanted more than one slice of plant-based pizza and bread with peanut butter and honey), but I didn't give in.  That's progress.

I gained weight since yesterday, and only slept for 3 hours last night,  but I haven't eaten anything non-plant-based since August 1st.  That's progress.

I didn't wake up in time to do my normal walk/run on the shoreline trial, but I did slog for 15 minutes in the am, and walk later. That's progress.

I'm not perfect, but I'm progressing.

Healthy
S: 3 hours!
Wa: 6 + bottles
W: 152.2
E: 15 minute am slog (1.25 miles), 20 minute pm walk
7:45 banana (love that I'm getting growly in the am! Means that my body is ready for food!)
11:30 spring mix with rinsed black beans, strawberries, grapes, mushrooms, and balsamic vinegar, 1 slice of Tuscan White Bean and Basil Pizza.
6:00 big plate of buffalo cauliflower (made without oil this time!) and pan-fried squash; cookie dough (1 banana, oats, raisins, almond milk, vanilla, cinnamon, walnuts), 1 bowl of plain air-popped popcorn, more buffalo cauliflower.

Debt-free
Got my cash out for the month.  Trying to think ahead more to what I'll need $ for (feeding people, wedding gifts, etc.) so that I'm more prepared.

Minimalist
I went to town on my itunes today, getting rid of songs I'd never heard of (I got a lot of music from my friend's ex when they were together and I was over at their house one time), or didn't love.  I still have more down-sizing to do in that department, but it's definitely more minimalist than it was! PROGRESS! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment