Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Day 10: Fragile and radiant

So at the VMAs (which I have never in my life watched) this year, Miley Cyrus put on quite a show, so they say.  I've liked a Miley song or two in my life, so when her latest came out, I started watching the video to see if I liked this one.  I couldn't make it through.  Didn't want to make it through it.  It does not invite light.

I've read blog posts and fb posts about Miley's VMAs performance.  I don't think that she should have done what she did, but I do know that we all do things for a reason.  While I don't agree with her decision at all, I'm pretty sure she's lost and hurting, however she might view herself.

One of the blogs I read said "I'm not saying she's right.  I'm not cheering for her in this moment.  But she's not a criminal.  Not a tragedy that hurt millions.  She's just a girl.  Just like me.  Who probably forgot, like the rest of us, what a fragile, radiant thing she really is."

I love that line.  We are all fragile and radiant.  I saw a picture of dancing toes today, and it made me feel radiant.  Running today made me feel radiant.  I also ate 9 pieces of bread with peanut butter and honey when I wasn't hungry.  I'm fragile (emotionally, if not physically!:) and I eat to deal and avoid.  But I can and will make more radiant choices in the future.  And when I'm especially fragile, I can get up and try again.

Healthy:
S: 6.5
E: 35 minute walk run on the BST.
11:30 spring mix, black beans, tomatoes, grapes, strawberries
5:00-7:00 3 plums, pesto with roasted veggies, steamed squash, banana smoothie, 9 pieces of bread with peanut butter and honey.

Debt-free:
No money spent today! So proud of Beth for working when she doesn't want to, to earn money to get out too.  I also re-found a house that might be a good fixer-upper to rent.  I've been thinking about that lately.  Buying to rent.  Need to talk to John.  And to Spencer and Angie.

Minimalist:
I don't need a gym membership.  Trail walking/hiking/running and mowing the lawn make me happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment