Monday, August 5, 2013

Tender Mercies

Healthy
W: 153
E: 35 minutes of hiking, essentrics a/a (LOVE the way it makes me feel! I would love to become an instructor some day)
9:00 banana and walnuts
12:00 spring mix, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, carrots, hummus
2:00 banana cookie dough (3 bananas, cup of oats, some raisins, applesauce, vanilla, and cinnamon)
6:00 2 apples with lots of peanut butter
8:00 3-4 squares of graham crackers at FHE

Today was a eat, eat, eat day. I made the mistake of eating breakfast when I wasn't hungry, which then gave me sub-concious license to just eat whenever, regardless of hunger or lack thereof.  I was tired and kept eating.  I did stick to plant-based, though, in spite of the temptation of deliciously evil cream cheese frosting lurking in the fridge.  Sugar is my gate-way drug.  Gotta stay away.


Debt-free
The Lord's Tender Mercies are real!!! And the timing does help us recognize them!  Beth was able to send her rent money today just in time for me to use it for b-day dinner things instead of my credit card. Getting out!!!


Minimalist
Going to use Ben's old shirt and my own jeans for tomorrow's hipster b-day party. Don't need any more clothes, especially ones I won't use again, regardless of how cheap they are!

I think this accomplishment fits under all three categories, but I was able to resist the temptation to buy corn chips, vegan ice cream, etc. etc.  I didn't need it for health, frugality or minimalism.   I am not perfect at these things by any means, but Heavenly Father is blessing and helping me so much.  I'm doing this with His help!

Also, I think that I'm going to try weighing only once a month.  Even though I gained since yesterday (and probably gained more today), I'm feeling fitter and happier being plant-based and exercising.  I get to choose!  So I'll try to resist weighing in until September 1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment