Friday, May 18, 2012

Forks Over Knives

I watched Forks Over Knives again tonight (started last night).  I've been doing good about the vegan thing for the last few weeks (got over my leche asada induced dairy binge), but have had bouts of over-eating and eating processed foods.  If I took the time to cook more often and slept more, I think it would help.  Tonight was a bingey night.

Today:
B: green smoothie (spinach, strawberries, bananas, maple syrup, soy milk, spices)
L: 2 bananas and some walnuts
D: left over bindi aloo, an apple, 2 pieces of bread with PB and marmalade, 1 with PB and banana
S: hummus with corn chips, caramel striped short-bread cookies (see what I mean about vegan, but processed?)

One of the things that stood out on FOK this time around was that we are in control of our health and bodies.  The state of my body is a result of the choices that I've made and am making.  I know that plant-based is good for me.  I also know that I need to eat less processed foods, start RUNNING (felt last night that running and my thesis are correlated...that the thesis will go better if I'm running), do essentrics, and GET MORE SLEEP.

However,  knowing and doing are two different things.  I've known these for a while...just need to do more doing! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment