Yesterday in my meeting with Ramona, she said that more important than anything I do or anything else I'll learn during grad school, is what I'll learn about myself, what I love, and what matters most to me.
She said that what we most value is often put at the mercy of other things.
Grad school is teaching me (again) that I love people more than things, that I would rather spend time with a friend or family than become something other than what I am. But I think that that makes me into more than I would be otherwise. When I was downstairs filing cum files today at lunch, John, Jesse and Mathis showed up just to say hi. They gave me some beautiful flowers as a "You can do it!" reminder. The best part was seeing them. I hate that family and friend time is being sacrificed for school. Something to remember if I ever think I want to do a PhD.
Another thing that is being sacrificed, (and often is when I get busy, grad school or not) is exercise time. I need to move!
Today:
E: pm yoga, tug 'o war
B: banana
L: green smoothie
D: spring mix, tomatoes, mushrooms, black beans
No comments:
Post a Comment