One of the many great things that I learned/was reminded of at church today was this: Be true for just one day. President Monson: "Each of us can be true for just one day--and then one more and then one more after that--until we've lived a lifetime guided by the Spirit, a lifetime close to the Lord, a lifetime of good deeds and righteousness."
I loved that idea of being true for just one day in connection with treating my body well too. I have a tendency to be all or nothing with that, and if I make a bad choice, I justify making more and more of them until I'm stuffed to the gills and not any less tired than when I started! But I can't get away from being me. I tried last night, and even though I ate practically everything I could think of, I only gained 3 pounds, which will be mostly, if not all, gone by tomorrow.
Six weeks from Tuesday, I will turn 31. While I have adhered to ETL principles off and on for over a year, I've never done the suggested six full weeks of it hard-core. I want to do it to see what I can achieve, and as a birthday present to myself. Here are my key indicators (Preach My Gospel term...in this case, things that I feel are relevant to my physical progress) that I will report on in the blog:
Sleep (S). The more that I have, the less I binge.
Weight (W). I'll weigh in every day, and try to add some before and after measurements as well.
Exercise (E). I'm shooting for 45 minutes to an hour a day.
Eat to Live report for each meal (B, L, D). One day at a time. No snacks, 1 plate, eat in public.
Reading (R). I want to do a little ETL reading each day. Mostly from the book, but plant-based blogs can work some days too.
Sharing (Sh). On the days that I share about Eat to Live, I'll tell about that.
Today:
S: 5.5
W: 143
E: pm yoga
B, L and D: ayunando
R: Kathy Freston's blog. Part of one man's philosophy: "The thought that I can never have a certain food again is depressing, so I compromise and say I'm just not going to have that food today. I can't do forever, but I can do a day."
Sh: Talked to Kristen about ETL today. We talked about the cancer part of things and how we've been led to believe so many things about the food that general society views as healthy that aren't true. She's almost done with the book, and was so excited to find out that I meant for her to keep the copy of the book that I gave her. She's excited to start her 6 weeks, and was also happy to hear that I lost 20 pounds just doing it part time last summer. Cheese is her hardest thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment