Saturday, June 30, 2012

Focus and Presence

I did a lot better about WHAT I ate today, but need to work on HOW MUCH I eat.

My conference talk today was so good.  Here's a favorite line: "The Savior banished from His life any influence that might take His focus away from His divine mission."  I have a lot of things in my life that distract me from what I should be doing, and I need to get rid of them.

Over the last few months the idea of my mission on the earth has been something that I've thought about quite a few times.  Satan is a sly punk, and uses everything he can to take our focus away from God.  I need to be present, to be tuned into the Spirit.

What I eat and how much I eat definitely affect how present I am, as do exercise and sleep.  So, in a way, taking care of my body is essential to me being able to fulfill my role here on earth.  No pressure!  Lots to do! :)  I weighed in today heavier than I've been in a while.  It's time to change, time to be true to what I know.

Today:
W: 147
B: n/a
L: banana, walnuts, 2 bean burritos
D: veggie Cafe Rio salad (no meat, cheese, or dressing), blueberries and raspberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment