Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Pushing myself

I push myself too much in some ways, and not enough in others.  And sometimes I have a big push at the end because I haven't pushed myself enough in the past...for example, on my thesis!

For years, I've maintained that I would love to be able to sleep for a week, eat for a week, work for a week, etc., being able to focus on just one task.  However, life really is a series of spinning plates, as Elder Bednar taught at a ward fireside when I was at BYU-Idaho before my mission, and we have to run to the thing that's about to crash.  Which, right now, is my thesis.

I'm still slightly afraid that I'm going to crash...what if I'm pushing in the wrong direction? However, I feel fine about it...know that it will work out even though it seems impossible. But with God, nothing is impossible.  That was the phrase that came to mind as I wrote, so I looked it up, and the context is the angel telling Mary that she'll bear the Son of God, and that her cousin who was called barren, is expecting.  God is a God of miracles.  And I am doing this thesis because I love Him, and want to be obedient to Him. I will keep pushing until it's done.  And I will pass my prospectus defense on Monday, but if not...I will keep trying, and keep pushing until I do. Todo Saldra Bien.

Today:
W: 139.4
E: 1 mile run, essentrics l/b, pm yoga
B: bit of green smoothie, apple
L: my classic salad, walnuts and raisins
D: green smoothie and 2 helpings of walnuts and raisins.

No comments:

Post a Comment