Saturday, January 7, 2012

Arise and Shine Forth

Today I was supposed to dedicate the entire day to working on my thesis.  I may have put in an hour and a half to 2 hours of real work on it.  Because I didn't want to do it, I let myself get distracted by every little thing, and didn't even use the non-writing/researching time to do something worthwhile!

One of the things that was of benefit was watching some Tara Stiles videos on-line, and deciding that my next post-payday trip to Walmart will include purchasing one of her new DVDs.  I like Tara because she's chill, and real.  And she encourages us to "Cultivate YOU."  I need that.  I'm becoming someone new and different, and hopefully better each day, but I'm me and that's a good and important thing to be and become.  I also like her focus on mindfulness.  So much of my wasted time (and calories!) come from letting myself be mindless about what I'm doing rather than intentional.  When I listen to myself and to my body, I make better choices.  I nourish myself instead of punishing.

One success today:  I stopped doing an exercise video because I didn't like how it made me feel.  My body wasn't happy working out that way, and so I stopped.  I need things that nourish me, not punish me.

Miracles:  Tomorrow is another day (and SUNDAY!:)   Fasting.  Talk with my dear friend Amy F.  A little bit closer to being done with my thesis.  Exercise (cardio and essentrics...LOVE how ess makes me feel...I do need to be more mindful as I do it though. I think it will make me feel even lighter to be present as I do it.)  Delicious green smoothies that my body craves, and the decision to quit tortilla chips cold turkey (as Lindsay suggests).

And my favorite miracle of the day:  Arise: 2012 Mutual Theme Song  This is a video for the youth of my church.  A couple of Latter-day Saint friends had shared it on facebook, so on one of my many distracted tangents I watched it.  And cried.  And shared it on facebook too.  I really love it.  We have so much potential and God wants us to be the best us we can be!  We need to ARISE AND SHINE FORTH.  We can do this! We can be mindful and intentional as a way of worshipping God.

Today's stats:
W: 139 (less than I thought it would be after last night's hummus/chip binge...so I ate more of both for lunch!)
E: 15-30 minutes of cardio (started out with a video that I used to like and stopped because I sure didn't today!), l/b essentrics, pm yoga.
B: small green peach, banana, spinach smoothie.
L: rest of the hummus and lots of chips too
D: large green smoothie: banana, strawberries, spinach, soy milk, agave, cloves and cinnamon.  LOVE!


No comments:

Post a Comment