Literally. I rode Principessa to work and back for the first time today. (Yes, I name my possessions...my new purple bike bequeathed to me by Mandy is named Principessa because she's purple and girly and strong, and so that when I go out in the morning not wanting to face the ride, I can say "Buongiorno Principessa!" and remember to look on the bright side of things!) It was lovely. Besides the cold hands, (need to wear my new Canadian mittens as well as my gloves) and nose that started to run as soon as I got inside again, it was perfect. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, I felt accomplished and stronger, and more in touch with my body and my surroundings.
(Confession: I don't wear a helmet. I grew up riding around our rural neighborhood, and part of the joy of riding a bike to me is the wind in my hair as I'm floating down a hill. Do I HAVE to wear one?)
Being a teacher is a blessing. I LOVE my kids and have a good time. I don't love all the politics, gossip or mandates (but my school, and especially my team are remarkably drama-free on all of those counts). I walked to my meeting for FHE...why drive when you can ride or walk? Not having a car gives me time to think, breath, notice. It helps me slow down and be.
Miracles: My car didn't break down until after I was released from being Relief Society President; it hasn't snowed, which is highly unusual for this time of year!; I can CHOOSE to not have a car in spite of what others are doing; I LOVE what I've chosen to do! :)
Today's stats:
W: 137.2
E: essentrics l/b, 3 mile bike commute, pm yoga
B: green smoothie
L: green smoothie
D: bread with honey, banana, corn chips with hummus
S: banana with peanut butter
No comments:
Post a Comment