Sunday, January 8, 2012

Dancing Days

So as a 30-year-old Latter-day Saint (aka Mormon) girl, I sometimes feel like I missed the boat because I'm not married and having kids.  It's especially hard to deal with when my 22-year-old brother marries a 20 year old he's known for 4 months...not that that's the kind of relationship that I want, just that I want marriage and babies too.

Most of the time, though, I'm so happy and content with my life.  I still want, hope, and pray for marriage and kids, but it's going to take one exceptional man to make that really even tempting.  I don't believe that good marriages are exclusive to those who have almost everything in common with their spouse.  But I do believe that whoever I marry will love and admire me for who I am, that I will love and admire him for who he is, and that we will fit into each other's lives....or I won't get married.  I've had chances.  None felt right.  There are two great guys who are showing interest in me right now.  Not feeling right.  And so for my miracle list today, I'm going to share some of the things that I love about my life.  And some of them are only happening or in existence because I AM single.

My job.  I love spending 5 days a week with 27 crazy, funny, beautiful, full-of-life 5th graders.  I love my students.  I love my roommates.  Living with Beth and Amy is comfortable, fantastic, fun, and full of life, love and adventure.  We've decided to call our house The March Manor because we are Jo, Beth, and Amy.  I love my ward.  I get to meet and associate with amazing single people who have great dreams and goals and hearts.  I love watching some of them find their glove people (the one who fits in their life) and starting their own little family circle of two.  I love being friends with 18 to 31 year olds with only a rare thought about age differences.  (Yikes, I was in 7th grade when some of these people were born!) I love having a house, and having 2 great girls to live with (I love them so much that they get to be in here at least twice...who knows how many times they'll show up?!) who are responsible and good and full of the Spirit, and love to read and have fun and dance around the fairy lights in our front yard.  I love my more organized room and making new goals in the gloom of winter.  I love progress and working towards something.  (I WILL get my thesis done!) I love having chickens and planning for more lawn and a garden in the spring.  I love riding my bike to work, and naming things that I own that are important to me (my chickens, my bike, my running shoes and vibrams).  I love the full moon sparkling on the snow, and walking home with hands full of things to contribute to an activity that I helped plan.  I love learning new things...Beth and I are going to a Green Smoothie girl class next week, and she, and Amy and I are going to take a 1 session class on how to write a book! I love making a difference and having important things to do, and especially being able to know and love so many people.  I have a wonderful life.  I hope I get to change my marital status to married someday.  I hope that I get to have kids, and lots of them.  But I love my life now, and am SO grateful to a loving Heavenly Father who gives me the experiences, joys and challenges that are tailored to me and my happiness and progression on the path back to him. Life is beautiful.

Today's stats:
W: 137 (and Beth lost 6 pounds this week!! So PROUD of her and her stick-with-it-ness when she really wants a burger!)
E: am yoga and pm yoga (am inspired by Tara's slender and strong look)
B and L: fasting
D: green smoothie (my strawberry, banana, spinach, cloves, cinnamon, agave, soy milk concoction)
S: herbal tea at E and B's hot chocolate party

No comments:

Post a Comment