So two things that I've been mildly frustrated with recently turned out to both be issues resulting from miscommunication. J and J hadn't gotten my texts or call about the freezer breaking, and C didn't know that my calling gave me responsibilities in FHE.
I think a lot of health issues are miscommunication issues too. If we really listened to our bodies, we'd be in a lot better shape as a nation than we are. Dr. Fuhrman talks about toxic hunger, where eating low nutrient foods leads to the impulse to over consume because the body isn't getting what it needs. I wonder if different people are more susceptible to it than others. I think it's a combination of my upbringing (eat as much of the less-healthy food as you can while you can, or the boys will, and it will be gone!) and the toxic hunger issue, but when I eat something less healthy, or when I'm stressed, or in a social situation, I eat a lot more than my body needs. And sometimes I'll eat (and a lot, too!) when I'm not hungry at all.
Tonight Beth, Amy and I went to India Palace. Usually when we go, I polish off all of my food, thinking that I'll eat better tomorrow. I try to eat healthy (ETL-based) the grand majority of the time, but the occasional hummus binge with the girls, or an India Palace trip is not bad. Tonight, I tried to listen to my body more, and only ate 1/3 to 1/2 of my food. More delectable Indian food for tomorrow! :) And eating in perfect ETL harmony for two out of three meals in the day and then eating IP for dinner for a couple of days is probably way better for my body than eating it all at once
Today's stats:
W: 136.2
E: bike commute, essentrics a/a, pm yoga
B: green smoothie
L: green smoothie
S: banana
D: Bindi Aloo! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment