Friday, January 20, 2012

Begin with the end in mind...

Yesterday I had the "you have to go to college to become what you want to become" talk with one of my favorite students.  He swears he hates to read, but will "sneak" our teacher read aloud book to see what happens next, and is averaging over 80% on his weekly literacy tests lately, as opposed to the 50-60% scores he was getting on a good day at the beginning of the year. He's doing so well!

He told me yesterday that he wasn't going to college, but then we figured out a good career goal...he wants to design video games, and suddenly college was the best idea ever!  He said "Do you know where I'm going to college?" When I said no, he said "Yes you do! It's where you went!" Could he be any more adorable?!  I think not!

I do think that remembering where you want to be (DONE with grad school, disease-free in a SAD-predominant society, strong enough to run a quick 5k, and able to feel the freedom and joy and lightness that come with being really in shape..."You get what you train for" was the work-out wisdom imparted by my literacy textbook tonight!) helps you slog through the tough times.  Now, if I could just get myself to bed at a decent hour so that I don't have to overeat to stay awake to do homework! Estamos en camino!

Today's stats:
W: 138.6
E: pm yoga
B: green smoothie
L: green smoothie
D: bindhi aloo from India Palace, 2 bananas, 4 pieces of bread with peanut butter and honey (to stay awake while studying)

No comments:

Post a Comment