I came home from school today with Amy (bless her heart, she's so willing to give me a ride whenever I need it!) and then Beth drove me to the post office in pursuit of my text books...to no avail. I came home and stress ate (stressed about grad school and boys)...LOTS of food. Going to see my friend Jon in the hospital calmed me down. Seeing a picture and reading a little blurb about people in China who rent a cage to live in for about $200 a month because they can't afford anything else, and it's better than homelessness, gave me even more perspective.
Ostensibly, I eat the way I do for health, and that's really the foundational reason. I don't want cancer, heart disease, diabetes, etc. etc. etc. But I get caught up in little inconsequential things. It doesn't matter if I weigh a pound or two or ten more tomorrow than I do today. It does matter that over all my health and fitness, and energy are on an upward trend. I need to be consistently grateful for the MANY MANY blessings that are mine. I need to focus on what I CAN control (choosing good foods over not-as-healthy foods, exercising, listening to my body's hunger and satiation signals, finding a good, non-food-related way to destress, etc.) instead of what I can't. I can't plug the holes in my heart with food. In the little blurb accompanying the picture of the man sleeping in the cage in China, the photographer said that these people are still dignified in spite of their poverty. I need to have an attitude of gratitude and dignity in spite of the hugely inconsequential by comparison things that I face.
Today's stats:
W: 136.2
E: pm yoga
B: green smoothie
L: green smoothie, carrots, tomatoes (delicious!)
S: 2 mini oranges
D: left over bindi aloo, 3 pb and honey sandwiches, 2 or 3 bananas, popcorn, spaghetti sauce...I think that's it! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment