Sunday, January 1, 2012

I choose!

It's amazing how much of a difference CHOOSING to be happy, flexible, calm, etc. makes.  My brother and new sister in law came to church with us today.  I've had bitter moments about them (and all of my brothers/sister-in-laws before their weddings) but it was fun to go to church with them and I wish we could every week.  After church I had a 2 + hour meeting about FHE.  My former crush was there, and because I decided to be normal, it was normal, and we had a good time!  I don't think of myself as an influential person, but what I decide to focus on, think, etc. does have an effect on how my life goes, and influences others as well.
Last night I used my new scale and weighed in at 142. something.  That was a little higher than I was hoping/thinking,(and 4 pounds higher than this morning's weigh in) but I'm not in the freak out about weight gain mode.  I know that what I'm doing and am planning to do is good for my body:  Eat to Live, run (with my fabulous new Vibrams Esperanza and Libertad) and do essentrics and yoga.  It feels right and things will work out.  I'm confident that I will lose another 20 pounds by May 8th because I'm sticking to the plan.  Beth started her first day of Eat to Live today...I shared my favorite salad combo idea with her and she liked it :)  She's going to go for 6 weeks and see how she does.

Miracles today:  Church!  Family, friends, serving with amazing people, house with the Little Women clan, Beth getting on the ETL bandwagon, a NEW YEAR!!! So happy for a fresh start!

Today's stats:
W: 138
E: yoga
B: banana
L/D: fasting (didn't go 24 hours this time because I didn't know until church that it was fast Sunday...I'll try again next week:)
S/D: 2 bananas, peanut butter, avocado, BLACK-EYED PEAS (have to eat them New Year's Day for good luck...my girls (Beth and Amy) and I are going to get married in December...that will be our luck:)


No comments:

Post a Comment