Sunday, January 29, 2012

Cultivate You

I have a book written by Tara Stiles, a controversial-because-she's-not-traditional, yoga instructor.  I like her make-yoga-comfortable-for-everyone attitude, and how she much she loves what she does.  Eventually (when I actually have time for an hour of yoga on a semi-regular basis) I'd like to buy some of her DVDs.
Tara says to "Cultivate You."  Everyone is unique, and has their own bliss and path in life.  Mine includes so many things...education, health, gardening, creating, etc. I love that there is always something to do and learn (usually about 20 million that I want to try...I even looked up masters and PhD programs today...I know, I'm insane).
Lately, I've been trying to make scripture study and conference talk reading one of the first things that I do each day.  It's made me so much happier!  And my prayers are more meaningful too, because I've taken time to LISTEN to Heavenly Father through SS and GC.  I think making my relationship with God a priority is the best way to cultivate myself because He knows me, what I am, and what I can become.

Today's stats:
W: 137.2
E: pm yoga
B: 3 bananas and nuts
L: carrots and hummus
D: green smoothie (tried Beth's blend-the-spinach-and-water-first-trick and it made it so much smoother!) with peaches, spinach and banana.  I even got Ammon to have some :)

No comments:

Post a Comment