As a teacher, professional development is a part of life and work. On the name tag for one of the meetings, it said "Define yourself." I've kept the name tag as a reminder that that's what I do. All of my thoughts, words and actions define me. I've changed SO much in my lifetime, and anticipate many more years of change and growth and definition. I'm doing and becoming things that I'd never even considered, much less entertained, or saw coming (going to grad school, becoming vegetarian/vegan, owning a house on my own, etc.)
I do want more definition in my body. My friend Sheri is getting great results with Jackie Warner's diet and workout plan. I love my diet, so I'm good to go there, but I want more cardio than what I'm getting with my bike rides to school. Sheri said that she's only doing 20 minutes of cardio...I think I could fit that in! :) Beth is defining herself too. She's been doing ETL for just a couple of days, and already says that she feels better. I can already see more definition in her cheekbones. She's already gorgeous...she's going to be a knockout!
Miracles today: I get to be a teacher...I LOVE my kids. Pizza wasn't a temptation tonight (it can sometimes smell tempting). My bike ride home in the moonlight was incredible. Libraries are full of books for me to read when I'm done with grad school. And just because I haven't done great at thesis work so far doesn't mean that I can't and won't!!! I need to start my task, so I can stick with it, til it sticks to me!
Today's stats:
W: 140.8 (I was disgruntled about it this morning:(...just have to keep going and trying, and NOT stress eat.
E: essentrics l/b, 3 miles of bike commuting, pm yoga
B: green smoothie (LOVE it: spinach, strawberries, banana, cloves, agave nectar, cinnamon, soy milk)
L: can of black beans (bloated now)
D: green smoothie
S: banana with peanut butter
No comments:
Post a Comment