Cassandra's plane didn't arrive until after 3am. By the time we'd gotten her suitcase, driven by temple square, come home and I'd done yoga and gotten in bed, it was after 5am. I woke up 2 hours later, and was so disoriented that I was trying to look at the calendar to figure out if I needed to get ready for school yet or not, or if there was school today!
I made it to school, and in spite of being noise-sensitive and super cansada, I made it through just fine. I considered contacting Stefinee to postpone our appointment, but went anyway. Amy drove Cassy and I up to campus and she read her book while Cassy explored, and I met with Stefinee. I was on the right track with my outline...just have A TON of reading and writing to do now. La Cassandra es tan buena! I was a little worried that she would expect me to take care of her all the time...I wish I could more, but I'm glad that she's adventurous and self-sufficient. She went wandering around campus all by herself.
After my meeting, we met up and got a book from the library for my thesis reading, and then ran into John and Jesse and Mathis on the way back to the car. LOVE my family! When he recognized me, Mathis did his adorable little happy dance. And he gave all three of us kisses.:)
I got to talk to Beth for a little while while Cassy talked to the Maka, and then the three of us (Beth, Cassy, and I) went to Allens. I made marshmellow popcorn and ate hummus and carrots while talking to Cassy who ate some of the popcorn, and we both had our aguita caliente. I love spending time with Cassy...love speaking Spanish and really getting to know her. She says I'm the same as I was on the mission (de vista y de ser).
I think it's interesting that I'm so tired that I can't even think about hunger. I ate three times today, but the predominant feeling in my body now is cansansia, no hambre. La Cassy me dijo que estoy flaquita, y que me ve bien. Ya le conte de mi dieta. I love how straightforward Chileans are! And that I can be that way too without worrying about being judged or mocked.
Today:
140.6
pm yoga
B/L: green smoothie
D: carrots and hummus
No comments:
Post a Comment