Saturday, March 17, 2012

The Irish Way

This morning after walking/running the Rex Lee Run (disappointed that the shirts weren't green this year!) with Caitlin and Valerie, I went to ksl.com to browse for cars.  KSL had a video of two professional Irish dancers who moved to Utah to teach dance.

Besides being wowed by their amazing dancing skills, and highly attractive accents, two things that they said served as motivation for me.   One commented that they're really strict with their students, that they do things "the Irish way."  And one of them said that when he was young and wanting to be a national champion, "It was just about how far I was willing to push myself."

In some ways, I push myself.  Some people consider the way I eat to be extremely strict, and I can run farther and do more than a lot of people in America (Amy and I had a conversation about all the old, fat people in America, as evidenced by those in attendance at the cuacus Thursday), but I'm not doing ALL I can do.

 So, in honor of St. Patrick's Day, and my untraced but very real Irishness, I am going to try (again, because we Irish don't give up!) to push myself as far as I can go.  That means getting enough sleep.  And running: harder, farther, more frequently.  And doing essentrics.  And yes, working on my thesis and homework even more.

Today:  HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!
W: 141
E: 5k, pm yoga
B: 2 bananas and some walnuts
L: refried beans, green smoothie, 2 bananas and a spoonful of peanut butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment