In Sunday School today, we were talking about the differences in how God works and how Satan works. One of the ideas that was brought up was that Satan doesn't expect us to change, but God does expect us to change, and expects us to work at it. Repentance is so important. Someone today defined repentance as striving to change. I guess I'm repenting then! :) I love the gospel and am so blessed by it.
One thing that I need to change is how I treat food and my body. I've been using food as an escape. We also talked about this...how Satan doesn't want us to feel. Paying attention to and taking care of my body helps me be more in tune with the Spirit.
I fasted today (totally missed Fast Sunday last week!) and felt so good. And I weighed in at 5 pounds less this morning than I did yesterday morning. All that food I've been binging on is making it's way out. I'm excited for a new day, a new week to keep going, keep trying, keep changing.
Another thing that I need to change is how I treat people. I think that I'm good at making one person feel good or loved or cared about, but when I'm in a group of more than that, I feel like I tend to ignore someone or lots of someones in order to pay attention to the one. I need to learn how to balance that.
Today:
W: 140.6
E: pm yoga
B and L: fasting
D: 2 bowls of a yummy concoction of brown rice, quinoa, corn, olives, peas, kidney, black and refried beans, 1 banana
No comments:
Post a Comment